Wednesday, July 29, 2015

I Am A Christian! Really???

Today I read some posts on Facebook that just floored me!  Now the reason I have this blog is so that I can state what is on my heart!  It's called a Piece of Mind!  With that in Mind, (laughter) I want to get serious for a few minutes and just say a few things out Loud to myself first, to believers, and to those who call themselves a CHRISTIAN.  It has been said that I have a Prophet's Voice so bear with me and read to the end...  
 

If we claim to be CHRISTIAN...how can we call people ugly names in the Name of the Lord!     Ephesians 4:29 (NASB)  Eph 29 Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.


If we claim to be CHRISTIAN...How can we judge, which means to condemn and make someone feel less than!   Matthew 7:1-3 (NASB) Mt 1 "Do not judge so that you will not be judged.   2 "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. 3 "Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

If we claim to be CHRISTIAN...how can we religiously quote and post Scriptures to bash people over the head, and then think that the people we are bashing will believe that our God is a God of love! 

 

WE are DECEIVED if we are thinking this is GOD BEHAVIOR! It is NOT!

Who do we think we are fooling?  Certainly not a person who has decided to not ever darken the doors of a church again because of the backbiting, jealously, strife, envy, and sarcastic overtones made by so called God people!   

WE ARE NOT FOOLING PEOPLE ABOUT  OUR PROFESSION OF FAITH, AND WE ARE NOT FOOLING OUR FATHER GOD, JESUS THE SON, OR THE PRECIOUS HOLY SPIRIT!

GOD IS LOVE.......and because HE LIVES in US we should LOVE GOD and LOVE HIS PEOPLE....ALL of THEM!  Saved or Unsaved; male or female, Mexican or Israeli; free or slave
          
       1Jn 4:8 The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. (NASB) 

Love does not have HATE associated with it!
Love does not have HATE remarks and HATE actions and name calling in it!

Some of us called CHRISTIANS, [definitely including myself] need to go back to the GOOD BOOK and reread it over and over again.  Here let me help us today:  1 Corinthians, chapter 13....
4  Love is patient, love is kind. 
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 

 It does NOT* dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, 
it is NOT* easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

 6  Love does NOT* delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  

7It ALWAYS* protects, ALWAYS* trusts, ALWAYS* hopes, ALWAYS* perseveres.
8   Love never fails.
I am NOT saying that people do not need to be made aware of their sins!  But LOVE covers a multitude of sins (1 Peter 4:8) and there is a RIGHT way to show people the way to CHRIST.  Calling people names and hating people is just WRONG!  We need to STOP doing these things in the name of our Lord!  It brings great dishonor to HIM!

"O Father God, please forgive ME when I have acted [showed out] in a manner that has brought dishonor to You, your precious son, Christ Jesus, and to your body, called the ekklesia, the church as we know it.  Help me not hide behind the phrase, "we are all just human," but help me to really understand the God kind of Love that is willing to die for ALL of mankind.....making no difference in the sins of their life.   You were willing to take it ALL to the cross with you.  Help me show people the Love of Christ in a real way that shows them that they are loved by God and myself  no matter what their behavior, action, or deeds say.  That doesn't mean we condone sin, or bad behavior, or actions.  It doesn't mean we won't address them in great love [in private with them] about their behavior, actions, or sins,  but it means that we will love them through it all.   Help me to not publicly embarrass anyone and turn them away from your great Love.
I cry out Lord, teach me your way to LOVE ALL mankind!

* added capitalization




No comments:

Post a Comment